View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #48
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
my message was aimed at anyone who had issue, specifically at you yes, but not exclusively.

Jason's thoughts on why the times were different were even quoted in this post atleast once,

show me some hard proof that the FRs is faster than the BRz by an amount that is even potentially worth talking about, same day same driver, then we can talk about it, short of that happening this whole conversation is about people that are probably over extended to buy this car anyway convincing themselves that they are buying the FRs because it is "faster" (albeit by .1 or .2 seconds to sixty in an unimpressive run to 60 anyway) rather than the reality of because it is cheaper.

So again, if you are buying this car because it is fast, then you are making a bad choice to start, in order for these cars to be fast you are gonna need to knock a couple WHOLE seconds off the times not a couple tenths.

My reaction time at the strip varies more than the recorded variances in the 0-60 tests,

heck on an unfamiliar transmission my accumulated time out of gear in a 1/4 mile run may vary by more than the recorded variances in the 0-60 tests,

The cars are different in so many little ways that to buy one over the other blindly because it gets to 60 (potentially) a little tiny itsy bitty bit faster is kinda missing the whole point of the car, because the prius is gonna pass both cars on the straight any way lol
^ Agreed
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote