Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #39
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_dot_com View Post
OP, like many on this forum people seem to forget that BRZ is slghtly heavyer than the FRS due to the standard equipments.

with such low margen as shown in the magazine tests of .2 seconds. the difference can all be in the margin of error, or the slight weight increase in the BRZ is taking its slight effect on the results.

if you were to remove some of the extra equipments, I bet the time would be the same between the two cares
I am not trying to pick on you because you are technically right, that the BRZ is slightly heavier. However while we are on that subject, for a long time now there seems to be this general belief that the FR-S is significantly lighter than the BRZ. I know that is not what you are stating, but it seems a lot of people are justifying the weight difference in favor the of the FR-S.

Personally this always mystified me considering they are going to be built identically for the USDM market, and the only real difference is the fact the BRZ has a navigation head unit and maybe the weight of a couple extra ballasts for the HID system. How people thought this would be a big difference is beyond me.

To those who don't know, the curb weights for both production versions of the vehicles have been posted. What's the difference? Just how much more does the BRZ weigh compared to the FR-S? 4 pounds. The BRZ weighs 4 pounds more than the FR-S. When the difference between the two cars is less than packing your lunch, it's time to stop professing what a great performance benefit the weight savings is giving you.
MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote