Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
They should never have been in the cab of the car in the first place. It's obvious they didn't know what the *&%$#@ they were doing. Wired properly there is no risk, but if you start sending current backwards across circuits it was never supposed to flow across, yes bad things can happen. You could toast your ECU, Procede controller, transmission controller, stability controller, airbag controller, antilock brake controller, and on and on.
What they did was very, very risky, and if you're very lucky everything will still work fine once it's wired back up correctly. They should have just replaced your speed sensors and called it a day. They should never have been inside the car, or fired up the engine, period.

I still think when they cut the wire they left it dangling and / or maybe rewired it wrong. (At first)

But I can see bad things happened if a circuit were completed without it properly being insulated and having it ground out.

Again this would be the throttle position sensor grounding out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote