Old 09-24-2018, 05:47 PM   #4731
14stu

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
I'm fairly new to this, so I would say I really don't know. But after saying that, the gears in my head are turning.

Would video help assess this? This video is of my 2 fastest laps from that day, both occurring during run #5. I would also welcome constructive criticism and tips to pick up time:

The RaceChrono laps times during that day said I was very consistent in each session, which is a plus. Watching my driving, though, I do believe I need to get smoother. Top speed on the back straightaway was 172km/hr or about 108MPH.
I didn't see any terminal understeer, looked like you hit the tire limits on a couple of the sweepers but nothing that makes it seem like you need to start changing your setup.

Terminal understeer has a specific sound and feel associated with it and it's easy to hit, simply enter a corner too fast and turn the wheel too much. This formula will make any car, regardless of setup, to understeer.

Here's a good example of terminal understeer, I got a point by in a corner from a car that I expected to either clear the corner before I got to it, or not give the point by. I adjusted my line by cutting inside of the car while maintaining my entry speed (which was too fast for the new line):

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oznTngj124&t=411s[/ame]
14stu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 14stu For This Useful Post:
GrandSport (09-24-2018)