View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
scottmcphee

Drives: 06 Subaru Legacy
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
I need to read the rest of the thread to figure out what you're trying to achieve. I'm very familiar with 530T's and have used them for all sorts of strange things...

When I get a minute today I'll read the rest of the thread and see what's the purpose of testing the windows.. I know the BRZ limited are one touch already so I'm guessing you're trying to accomplish something different?
Purpose of the thread is to see if there's a way to get AutoWindow product/s (www.autowindow.com) to work in the twins without having to use a DEI 530T box in the middle.

It's not the one-touch up we're after, it's controlling the windows from the remote, and temperature venting, etc... etc.. features that AutoWindow adds.

THere's a related thread (that started this one) where there's some discussion about why 530T is used with AutoWindow, and it's not because it offers one-touch feature. It's because the DEI box provides power for window motor while the car is off (acc power is off). That's why AutoWindow uses it.

If there were a way to "power the windows" in the FRS/BRZ long enough for AutoWindow to do its deed of remote window control, temperature venting windows, etc... etc.. we'd like to find the way.

Exploring that here.

Last edited by scottmcphee; 04-28-2013 at 09:48 AM.
scottmcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcphee For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (01-21-2013)