Old 07-14-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by levifig View Post
Hey guys,

I was down at the dealer today and ended up ordering my BRZ (heck ya!). This particular one had already been ordered so I should get it in about a week or so. As we talked about timelines and deliveries, the sales guy let it slip that the partnership between Toyota and Subaru had been cancelled. He seemed pretty confident this was a done deal and also that Subaru was about to invest about US$400M in their Indiana plant.

Can anyone confirm this? He said it in a way that I thought it was public information ("I don't know if you've heard it but..."), so I felt comfortable posting it here. Hopefully this is not confidential information and I'm putting anyone in trouble... :X

Anyway, thought I'd bring up the discussion given that may affect future deliveries (MY14 and later) and *especially* availability (which could in turn affect pricing, etc).

Cheers

Mu sales guy told me my auto was a dual clutch, dsg, and uses the same racing diff as the WRC STI, also that they come detuned from subaru because toyota asked them to..

Sooooo take what your salesman says with a grain of salt.. This type of info would be well blasted on every autobolg known to man, well before a salesman at a dealership would know about it
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
infinite012 (07-14-2013)