Old 08-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
Figo

Drives: Vortech Supercharged FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothespaceman View Post
Hey guys,

I've been having this creaky / squeaky rear suspension issue that I've been trying to resolve since I've installed my coilovers. In fact, I had another thread more directly related to the coilovers themselves... but I feel like this might apply to those of you who ride pretty low and hopefully I can get some good feedback!

So, heres the deal:

- The creaking noise sounds like a rubber on metal, or maybe rubber on rubber type sound that comes predominately from the right rear of the car. It sounds like it is mostly on the rebound stroke.

- The sound most commonly occurs when decelerating over fast rebounding bumps, I am unable to recreate the sound unless im driving / decelerating over small bumps in the road.

- When it is raining, or the suspension is wet, the noise is completely nonexistent (or seems to be)

Here's what I've checked:

- Suspension preload is correctly set.

- Checked virtually every nut and bolt related to the coilovers themselves, and the install.

- There is NO tire rub.

- I took it to All Pro Subaru and they couldn't seem to diagnose the problem, though I think they may have not looked too thoroughly as they couldn't recreate the sound (because it was raining). I DID ask them to re index the bushings, but I can't attest that this was fully done.

- I DID raise the suspension 5mm on all four corners which dramatically reduced the occurrence of the noise, but it's still there.

Because I am a complete noob, I did not measure before / after to get an accurate measurement of the difference in ride height (stock to now). But it's right at 340-345mm from the fender to the center of the wheel (this could be a bit off due to measuring into convex wheels).

Any help is greatly appreciated! Have any of you slammed guys had this issue?
Exactly the same issue here.
The squeak will gone at raining days. and back st sunny days.
Only hear it at low speed when I hit bumps, and every time I park and get out off the car.

( White Tiger ) - FiGo's 車誌.
Figo is offline   Reply With Quote