Old 09-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #14
carben100

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
I did not...

@steve99 should be able to help list any differences off the top of his head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
AFAIK all the DI computers the one under the bonnet bolted to side of engine are same and dont need codining into security

The ecu hardware are all the same auto or manual from 2012-2016 not 100% on 2017 but likey same as well.

However you will ned to fladh in the corrdct ecu calibration\tune for your car

If your just changing engine and not swapping between auto to manual just uee same ecu and calibration

If you do get new ecu you would need to code it into security, it easy and flash it with coreect ecu calibration.
So if I understand correctly, you only need to flash a new calibration if you are swapping in an ecu from a different car or using the same ecu and changing the transmission type? I'll be using the same transmission and ecu on the new engine so it sounds like it should work as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Justin View Post
If you do the swap use all the 13 sensors and hardware including the harness on your 16 motor and you should be fine
Are the differences in sensors between model years significant enough that this is necessary, or is it more of a precaution? The new engine has most of the sensors installed so I wasn't originally planning on swapping them all over.

By the way, I don't know how the thanks feature works on this board but I really do appreciate all the help from you guys.
carben100 is offline   Reply With Quote