View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 11:37 PM   #8
carben100

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
I swapped from a 2012 to a later motor probably 2015 or 2016 after spinning a bearing. The only external difference was the oil and water temp sensors had different plugs on the motor loom. If the loom on your new motor is in good condition then that probably won't bother you. I did use my original DI ECU rather than the one that came with my replacement motor but I have been told it shouldn't matter. It has been in the car for 8 or 9 months now and I haven't had a single CEL.
Glad to hear it, I'm planning to use the old ECU as well. Wonder what the OP used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
There is a different oil line inside and the MT has a blanking plate where the AT vacuum pump goes. Of course the flywheel would need to be changed.
Appreciate the feedback, I was aware of the vacuum pump/flywheel but will have to look for the oil line. From the parts diagrams I've seen so far it looks like there are a couple other parts that are different between the two as well:

Upper oil pan
Right camshaft carrier

Not sure how important those differences are.

@Sportsguy83, did you happen to find the thread you mentioned? Found this one which is useful for me but not the OP: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2712903

Last edited by carben100; 08-31-2017 at 06:22 AM.
carben100 is offline   Reply With Quote