Thread: 2016 frs engine
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #4
Doctordiode

Drives: Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have done the swap. But after driving for a month and a half a P0019 come up. Than I replace the cam sensor nothing changed than I took it to the dealer for a better understanding than they told me I have to replace the ECM. But they nowhere not sure that would fix it the ECM costs $1100. Than I called a second dealer they said that the would reflash the ECM for$150.00 I agreed for the reflash. I took the car to have my ECM reflashed I got a call later. The master mechanic said he had to put in a 2016 ECM but than my 2013 transmission computer would not communicate with the 2016 ECM than I would have to put in a 2016 transmission computer that at that point he was not sure if my 2013 transmisión was going to work with the 2016 transmission computer. So his final recommendation was to put back in a 2013 engine to solve my P0019 code problem. So after all that I don't see a difference between the 2013 engine and the 2016 engine. it was running great for almost two months. I want to thank you all that responded with a solution I hope I can find a solution to my problem because so far I'm not getting any suppor from scion.
Doctordiode is offline   Reply With Quote