View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #789
Scotty-B

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
= rubber has been laid. E85 is not readily available to me (although 93octane is not common at the pumps here either...) The power increase is noticeable and pleasant. I was satisfied with the stock setup with one exception...on trackday long pulls uphill were painful. Giving point-byes may get you a blurred friendly wave, but I'm betting that pulling away is going to be more fun. That being said, upgrades are on hold until my driving skills catch up. Driving around town with stoplights and traffic is pretty much like stock. Easy on the throttle and frequent gear changes = comfort. Driving around town WITHOUT stoplights and traffic is a different story. Stay in gear/on throttle (1st or 2nd) then skip to 5th and hold at the speed limit. The more linear power curve with the extra boost makes pounding thru all of the gears at low RPM seem unnecessary. From stock to SC is a nice giant step forward, with plenty of room for future leaps.

So I have not taken it on track yet, but I did run in an autocross recently. I cannot claim that it improved my times, but it seemed easier to maintain better throttle control/power application.

also Irace86.2.0, Thanks for your informational Build Journal. I did notice more powerful (than stock) jerking with certain throttle applications (as you mentioned in your thread) plus a few other common experiences.

Last edited by Scotty-B; 09-24-2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: provided additional information
Scotty-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty-B For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (10-01-2019)