View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 12:08 AM   #232
JakeRogue

Drives: 2014 Monogram FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ordered and had a professional shop install the Reference 500Q system in my 2014 FR-S. System sounds incredible and this system has a bass controller knob instead of you choosing between bass profiles. I like the control but I’m fiddling constantly. Rock or pop music sound great, any EDM I have to turn the bass way down. Rear deck and panels rattle too much when listening to EDM. Might have to install some dynamat or something similar because the rattles are just too much. Overall I’m impressed but my installer had to drill the rear mount in the trunk to get the sub to fit and it’s still not quite secure. Getting the quick release knob to tighten is dang near impossible and the enclosure has popped loose a few times. I autocross A LOT so I need to be able to remove and reinstall the enclosure with confidence. I’ve contacted OEMAudio+ about the sub enclosure fitment.

New issue: My Headunit’s iPod feature no longer works. No volume, no sound. Bluetooth, radio, they work fine....

UPDATE: OEM Audio+ customer service is incredible. They addressed my concerns in their post below and I'm working with them to ship my subwoofer enclosure back and get the mounting points double checked and will be modified as necessary. I'm going to get the quick release hardware they posted pictures of, and magically my iPod functionality came back. While the process is slow (shipping things back and forth), their communication and follow through are incredible. I cannot recommend this company enough.

Last edited by JakeRogue; 04-23-2018 at 02:55 PM. Reason: OEMAudio+ customer service came through
JakeRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeRogue For This Useful Post:
SkyeHack (04-07-2018)