Drives: 2.5rs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide View Post
Shut the fuck up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] View Post
Sorry you had a bad experience with the Impreza, I, like yourself, did a half-ass job of doing a conversion in my first car. So I could see how you could think it was bad when you had spotty gauging and a bad one near the HVAC. But after using quality LEDs from reputable distributors, I haven't had any problems that you've discussed. Regarding you comment about shielding from the elements, most of the leds I would plan to change are either in the cabin or in some enclosure. Personally, like I mentioned before, I just like them. Even as you described it as a fire-like incandescent, I prefer something crisp and clean. Currently, the cool white I have now is not so blue as you would think. It's more white than anything, and no I think it is free of any harmful chemicals.
:happy0180: good for you then. maybe LED's have gotten better since i did mine. fwiw, i switched back to red 'bulb covers' on incandescents. white i think would bother my eyes' night vision too much, but everyone reacts differently to light so if you think you can see well i'll let you decide what you prefer on the inside of your car, as long as you aren't compensating with hid conversions or using your high beams or anything else that bugs me on your forward lighting. (all of which would make it worse off than just keeping everything stock, or doing a retrofit but not having bright interior lighting)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
There are people that can make them evenly lit. Like you said you did a bad job and were too cheap to pay someone to do it. "It looks cool" and "It goes faster" are pretty much the two reasons people do any modifications to a car...
doing a good job with the 03 impreza cluster is hard work and you risk having to reset the needles or breaking them... it just wasn't worth it to me to waste more time on it. it's also not worth it to me to pay someone else to do it. call me cheap but i give more freely of my time and money to things far better and more important than cars to listen to this.

i was looking for discussion about what makes LEDs better in a car that isn't designed with them. evidently, no one wants to discuss that, they just want to talk up an inferior product(even the highest quality led conversion bulbs are an inferior product to using what the car was designed for) just because it looks cool. 'it goes faster' does not apply here. 'it increases road-feel' does not apply here. 'it's safer' does not apply here. 'it's more practical' does not apply here. 'it increases the car's utility' does not apply here. 'it makes the car more efficient' does not apply here.

just as long as you're willing to agree to that, i'm willing to say that i did a bad job trying to convert my car's interior illumination and that i'm too cheap to spend money on getting it redone when it's all just for looks anyway.

more to the point, if i get a BRZ/FR-S i will be keeping the bulbs stock. odds are if i wanted to resell it, a potential buyer would take my opinion on this over yours, and i'm happier not spending money trying to look cool.
cc700 is offline   Reply With Quote