NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atledreier View Post
Also forgot to reattach the swaybar up front.
Oops, I wrote this between midnight and 1AM and forgot that step. It is in there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtakuban View Post
Ahh. It would have helped if I read all of the text. Usually, the smaller springs seat easier in the housing. That's been my experience anyway. But I would have still used some spring compressors. They are super cheap at Harbor freight. Anyway, you're probably right about the tire/wood/wall combo picture. Thanks.
I've found that those cheap spring compressors often make the process harder because the fingers get wedged into the spring coils. There is not a lot of compression on these unloaded coils and I believe that my method is very safe, but also very fast and convenient. There may be some naysayers, and if these coils had some serious pressure on them I would agree, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I usually just put my foot on the spring and let the shok shoot a couple inches away
...since the car itself is so light you could probably get away with Dave-ROR's method with no ill effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermobox View Post
Awesome DIY! Do you have close ups of before and after?
Not yet, it was dark out and the springs haven't settled yet. I will measure today and then take some shots of the car that match some previous photos that I have already taken to show the results.
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote