View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #16
DrWill

Drives: whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
I don't know about you, but a warranty replacement of a thermostat won't help me sleep better when my engine is out of the car being rebuilt because it overheated.

Example:
I had a 20 dollar u-joint fail on me (was the upgraded model, stock replacement was 12 bucks so I splurged for the sake of reliability) and take out the transmission yoke, dent up the driveshaft tunnel, and lock up the rear wheels while I was going about 35mph. This was on a classic mustang. I got a new warranty replacement though no questions asked, so that made it all better
Definitely not saying that makes it ok. All I'm saying is that it happens to every company even OEM. But at least they responded in a professional manner rather than seeking to shirk responsibility and blame it on install error the way a lot of companies would. I wouldn't take the replacement either. And for the record I would never run a mishimoto cooling product either. Everyone I know who has run their radiator has had a cap failure or leak. What I was praising was there professionalism in dealing with the situation and interest in doing right by the customer. A lot of companies would have responded with hostility and accusations rather than just trying to make the situation right.
DrWill is offline   Reply With Quote