Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Such as?

I'm all ears if there's another option that will pass a 90/96 dB test catless, other than the Laguna 90.

The Touring86 is already proven to support a 500hp level of flow. It's certainly not the lightest, but there's no way to reduce noise without weight.

It's kind of like having to add weight to add more braking thermal capacity.
The OP did not say he had to pass a 90/96 db test.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42555

There are plenty of catbacks that weigh less and muffle sound. That list isn't even up to date.

I agree that the exhaust you guys spent a lot of time developing is a great option, never said it wasn't. It's heavy and costs 869 dollars before shipping.

Op said he was looking specifically for lightweight and not stupid loud. A lot of exhausts fit that requirement. Now if he had said, specifically, I want to meet a 90/96 db test and I'm going to be pushing 500 hp.... well, that narrows it down.

@RJasonKlein - I think you have me confused with someone else. I was just saying there are tons of options.

@strat61caster- perrin, borla, magnaflow, miltek, trd, greddy..... again, not neccesarilly "better" but less weight and same ball park quality and pricetag.

Again, I never said a disparaging word about the csg touring exhaust. It seems well built and sounds good from the clips, and to me the weight isn't a big factor. They simply took too long to make a dual exit exhaust and I bought something else in the mean time. OP here said weight was a factor and seemed to imply db level was a secondary concern. Didn't really think my comments warranted a defensive battery championing this one exhaust, lol.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote