Old 08-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperBRZ View Post
So I recently decided to switch back to e85 with the new OFT v4 stage 2 E85 tune. With that being said, for some reason my car hesitates when starting, sometimes even just dieing out on the start up like it did this morning. When the car is warm it starts fine everytime. This only happens after it's been sitting all night and I go to start the next day. It cant be the air temperature because its summer right now. I know E85 tends to have hard starting when cold but I'm just not sure. Any help is surely appreciated.

Is it possible you had a cold snap one morning? Cold snap as in 72F for example? It’s doesn’t have to be that cold to create problems if the E content is super high as it is in the summer. Around the end of September is where it starts to get finicky for me in Florida because you will have random cool mornings but the blends haven’t switched yet. By the end of October it gets better because they drop the E content. In the coldest months here it may take two cranks at the most.

Speaking of E85. I just filled up this morning at the prices has dropped a good bit. I paid 1.80/gal.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote