View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #22
Conman

Drives: Red FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
I tried to give you good advice, That power setting you do not need to lower compression.

You shop can’t tune using EcuTek? Is this the shop that tuned it prior to it blowing up? If that is the case I would look into a new shop/tuner.

You have put a lot of money in the car. Buy used engine out of a junk yard. Look for a car that has not been modified not the lowest mileage. Take apart and put new rods/pistons/rings. Reassemble with the best of the parts you have.
Well I could buy the MAP built block with the stock compression ratio... NO; this is not the shop who blew the car up originally...This is the only local shop that will do an engine rebuild and warranty their work; they want to use the IAg stg2. They said they have never tuned with ECutek but will give it a try. Otherwise James said he can tune it but doesn't recommend the IAG block... Full Blown is the only other local shop that tunes with ECutek. James at HRI said go with Full Blown; But everything I hear locally is stay away from Full Blown... I dont know how to install an engine but maybe I should spend the $9,000 instead and go out and buy all the tools I would need, a lift, and engine stand, I dunno what else. Then do the install my self, I doubt that would go well since I have no idea what im doing... Thats why I wanted a local shop to do the install. Final option is pay to have the car shipped cross country to a shop that knows what they are doing... Think I will just put down the deposit on the IAg block and hope for the best. Thanks everyone... Now off to find a second job so I can pay for my totaled car, lol.

Last edited by Conman; 08-15-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote