Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
I really just wanted to know If this particular engine the IAG Stg2 with the lower 10.0:1 compression is a reliable option and worth spending the $9,000 it well take to have it installed. James my tuner says the lower ratio is not a good idea... The internet is filled with waaay to much misinformation and I seriously regret ever looking on it for any advice on this build... I guess I just drop the money on this and hope it runs. Shop says they cant tune useing EcuTek so i dunno what im going to tune it with. Sell my ecutek and buy a OFt i guess. Or hope that the same tune from HRi before will work on the new engine
I tried to give you good advice, That power setting you do not need to lower compression.

You shop can’t tune using EcuTek? Is this the shop that tuned it prior to it blowing up? If that is the case I would look into a new shop/tuner.

You have put a lot of money in the car. Buy used engine out of a junk yard. Look for a car that has not been modified not the lowest mileage. Take apart and put new rods/pistons/rings. Reassemble with the best of the parts you have.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote