View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #19
jdubz

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyFrenchman View Post
Not to take away from this solution in any way, because I would not have thought of this without it. But, for those of you who do not have time to take out the rear deck, etc. (like me right now). I found another solution that may work permanently, or at least in the interim until you can work on your car.

Open the trunk and look at the underneath side of the deck. I took a foam ear plug and squashed it down and fit it into the hole that is directly below the transmitter unit (see the pic). Actually, I wedged 1 1/2 plugs in there and it has since stopped the buzz. Also, to check even if you have this buzz, I was able to tap on the area of the hole prior to placing the plug in it and get the transmitter to buzz.

As I did this today, I'm not sure if it will be a long-term fix, but should hold me over until I have to readdress it.
This looks to be a great quick fix. I also pondered if someone could attempt to tighten the bolt from the bottom without messing up the threads.

If you hear any more rattle, try shoving a plug in the hole next to the bolt. I found that the little piece of metal sticking through the deck was a major part of the rattle in my car.
jdubz is offline   Reply With Quote