Old 03-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprachica79 View Post
My issue with Harrison is that he goes to make an illegal hit on purpose. It's not the whole "lack of contrition" that bothers me, it's the fact that he plays with the intention of illegally hitting players and doesn't care. Just to bring up an example, the Colt McCoy hit this past year. He purposely shot up, going helmet to helmet with McCoy, knowing full well that it was an illegal hit, and basically said, "I don't care, that's how I play the game." Well that's not supposed to be the way you play the game. As much as it sucks for us Steelers when he is not on the field, he is a liability on the field for the whole NFL and should be suspended, and if he still doesn't get it, he should be banned from the sport. I don't care how good you are, if you intend to make illegal hits and send people to the hospital, you need to be taken off the field.

+1. Illegal hits is one thing that I'm sure all of us can agree upon. But I don't see an issue with a clean legal hit that hurts the other player. That is the game of football and why it is so popular.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote