View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #58
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoh View Post
I think this is exactly what I'm going to do.
I'm going to go to a credit union nearby tomorrow to see if I can refinance my car loan. I want to get this thing paid down ASAP.

I think I'm going to wait until I have at least a small amount of positive equity on my car before buying myself a BRZ.

I've also settled on probably getting a used BRZ; I'll hopefully be able to find a 2014 WR Blue Pearl Limited trim by the time I'm ready to purchase, and I'll probably go out to Arizona to do so (Lower taxes, and the Subaru dealership in my town are a bunch of douchebags from what I know about them.)

If things go really well, maybe, MAYBE I'll get a new one; but I will most likely forgo getting any "Limited Edition" models as I think I would be better off saving money. The .blue series, while nice, really doesn't change a huge amount of things. I'm not a big fan of the red stitching in the FR-S/BRZ as standard, but I can live with it. Yes, the blue stitching is sexy, but can I really say it's worth all that extra money? Not really.
Kudos to you, sounds like a really smart plan and it will only make the car even more special to you as you will have worked harder to get into it the right way. Low mileage used BRZ's/FR-S do pop up and make alot of sense.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote