Old 12-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #9
VerusEric

Drives: BRZ, STI, GT350R, Supra, 987.2
Thanked 2,529 Times in 780 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
For #2, instead of going through the trunk lid, what about going through the body just to either side of the trunk lid? That way you wouldn't have to worry about trying to reinforce a moving part (trunk lid), although I would still want to reinforce the section of sheet metal that the wing did attach to. Making bracing to fit the curve of that panel might be too much of a pain in the ass to be cost effective though.

I've seen a swan neck chassis mount wing on an 86, so it is doable. The chassis mount setup looked cumbersome and still interfered with trunk operation, but I'm sure it worked well for downforce.
Going through the body would be a permanent, race-car like modification in our opinion. That is part of the unibody! Not a modification to be taken lightly.

The swan necks I have seen that are mounted to a structural part of the chassis lose all use of the trunk and would not be water tight without some silicone or some form a waterproofing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpeed View Post
Do you have a target price point yet?
Too early for us to give a definitive answer. We're going to do our best to keep it competitively priced while offering some neat aspects/performance advantages.

Thanks,
Eric
VerusEric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VerusEric For This Useful Post:
Bramick (12-02-2016)