Old 09-17-2015, 09:27 PM   #42
gatorac
Chin Track Event Manager

Drives: 15 Series Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of groups and instructors have indicated they don't like seeing the Scroth Rally harnesses. I've even heard of some instructors that won't get in a car with them.

For both @JMimacc351 and @gatorac, are you using 4 points because a five or six point would require a fixed seat and thus disable side airbags?
I use the Scroth 4 points because I am using the factory seat. You can't really mount a sub strap properly with a factory seat. Basilar skull fracture is my biggest concern. That's what kills drivers. Even with a relatively mild front end impact. I want something that I can use a head and neck restraint with. I'm a *****. I'm skeered without one.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ClaEIB1X5YA[/ame]

Interesting argument about switching to an earlier model car because it doesn't have the side airbags for you to lose if you change the seat. There are many other safety upgrades in later model cars. Like the improved rollover protection. It's good that you are seeking information. That will give you a firm foundation to do what you fell is best for your situation. A car that shares the street and track will always have compromises. Suspension, brakes, power, cooling and safety. Theres no perfect solution. You should approach your on track driving with that insight.
09 Comp Yellow NC
20 Gladiator tow vehicle.
gatorac is offline   Reply With Quote