WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I would prefer a SC/turbo kit to provide more low-end oomph even at the expense of peak hp gains... I feel like in the high RPMs power is already good, the weak spot is down low to mid-range.
Your not the minority, for most people when they look at any powerband/dyno chart they would want good power across the rev range, and of course when you consider the nature of a high reving n/a, which requires you to wind it up to get into powerband, you'd automatically think, well the lower end is weak.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that! and if that is your goal, then a turbocharger would be better all things considering.

The goal for subaru/toyota however is to force the driver to get into powerband. If you've done any sort of HPDE or road courses in a N/A you'll notice that your on your toes more and you tend to be more aware of your engines performance because your focused on keeping your car in powerband while getting the car to rotate. N/A drivers are fucking hardcore IMO.

Its in the best interest of people like..lets say HKS to develop parts that don't deviate from that type of performance. and a SC that keeps that nature while bumping up the power output is a win for them.

Turbochargers will typically move the powerband lower, while superchargers will get you to powerband quicker. which is more important to you?
Akai (11-29-2012), dadream (12-01-2012), Demandred7 (11-27-2012), denkigrve (11-29-2012), Giccin (11-27-2012), Jayde (11-27-2012), sirus (12-08-2012), Snoopyalien24 (11-27-2012), xxthrillxx (11-27-2012)