Old 04-30-2019, 06:19 PM   #11
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nochilljay View Post
Can you also swap dampers out on the complete kit? If so then I'd be considering that. My main thing is that I have experience working on/revalving my motorcycle suspension and I've been reading a lot about how easy it is to rebuild bilsteins, even with Nascar level parts with some modification.

Also, my car is about to get replaced by my motorcycle as a daily, so it will be more of a weekend warrior/HPDE/time attack car. And a last resort for really rainy days lol.

I appreciate the words of wisdom though.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
technically, you can swap the damper, but you lose the ability to adjust the height since the colors are built into the damper... I wouldn't recommend doing that. If you're more concerned with rebuilding/revalving dampers then I would just go with their conversion kit so you can put whatever damper you want, but again you won't have the ability to adjust ride height. In all honesty, I wouldn't be worried about needing to revalve anything from GC. Like I said, I've sent mine through rain storms (no shock sleeve either), many track days, so it's seen it's fair share of abuse. Just no salt/winter. For HPDE I think I would suggest something similar to mine. Last time I talked with them when I ordered my kit they had 400 or 440 in/lb spring rates, but they have more since it's been a couple of years.
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote