View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #8082
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARBON10 View Post
As a separate post... I’ve done 100+ pages of reading in this thread and couldn’t find an exact solution. I’m running a 210 non intercooled kit that I purchased new and self installed a couple of months ago. With this said it’s an 80 mm pulley... and I’ve developed quite a belt squeak. I originally thought pulleys... ruled out idlers, replaced the tensioner, tried a new original length belt... same noise, upgraded to a gates RPM belt... noise got WORSE.

If I spray water or lubricant on the flat side of the belt the noise goes away for a moment, then comes right back.

Any ideas?
I got mine installed back in May/June time. No squeaks whatsoever and I'm using the Gates belt that Sprintex provided. It must be one of the pulley's I guess, but which one?
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote