View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #265
brzadmir

Drives: 13' BRZ, 05' 325xi, 02' RAV4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunsweeney View Post
You met one right here. I have no desire to be too big. It severely limits my flexibility and overall athletic ability when I get too much bulk. I have found over the years I am better at sports and especially endurance activities when I'm not bulky.

It all depends upon you goals and what you want to do for activities. You don't see a lot of muscle bound runner, bikers, endurance athletes.

Not to mention, my wife told me she didn't find it attractive when I got too bulky. She prefers lean cut muscle over bulk. Different strokes for different folks.

I do recommend protein even if you don't want to be bulky. Having a protein smoothie following a workout promotes recovery. I use:

One scoop of MyoFusion
One cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
One cup of OJ
Two cups of frozen fruit (Dole Mix)

Protein is a must depending on the persons goals, or form of activity. Different strokes for different folks as you stated; me personally I am against Protein powder, to many reasons to list. My protein intake is a lot lower than the average body builder reason being my diet emphasizes on PLENTY of fruits, walnuts, seeds, almonds(ETC.) and minimal carbs(simple). I have ranged and experimented with many diets in the past, Paleo, High Protein, Etc. I can say I feel most energized, happier and all around more healthier emphasizing a diet that consist of live food. I know everyone will knock my protein intake but I manage to properly function and repair with a strict workout that consists of roadwork in the morning, boxing in the afternoon and calisthenics at night. Just putting my two cents in!
brzadmir is offline   Reply With Quote