View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #335
biggie

Drives: gt86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is my current setup: OZ Alleggerita HLT 18" J8 ET48 + Federal RsR 225/40 + SPC camber bolts (-1.2 front camber), the rest is stock. I also have header/catback/stage2+ and good brake pads and fluids (NED's oil cooler is also on it's way). I'm using the car as DD but also for more than 10 trackdays per season and few mountain runs.

This is my problem: after switching from MPSS to Federal I gained about 1 second on a 2 minutes track but the grip loss is way less progressive/predictable and the front end is more prone to understeer. Fun factor is down a lot.
In the long run I'm planning for coilovers but for now I'm looking for a "quick fix" for this (other than going back to MPSS). Based on what I've read on this topic I'm thinking some RCE yellows could be the fix I'm looking for (along with powerflex bushes for camber adjustment that should add an extra -1 degree front camber for some -2.2 in total). What do you guys think?

Note: weight (vs stock wheels) with MPSS is about -4lbs per corner and about +1lbs with Federal.
biggie is offline   Reply With Quote