View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #18
ArKiTeCkT

Drives: 2010 Gen Coupe, 2013 BRZ 6MT S.Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibot View Post
Lol i jst realized you ordered a subaru. Anyways, everything looks good. Subaroo does have more freight than scion. We didnt get hit with an admin fee at our group buy...
According to Saibot, who already preordered a FRS all fees were the SAME except admin fee. And his was a GROUP BUY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
You have NO negotiating power at all. You will take whatever price they offered when you put down the deposit. That is the price of a non-refundable deposit. You have already bought the car.
Mine was 500$ and the bill of sale clearly says subject to price approval and test drive (so basically an open right of first refusal)
On the contract, it states that I will purchase the vehicle, but it will be based on MSRP nothing under or over plus fees. I was keen on getting this car regardless of the test drive because I found it a better value compared to other coupe (gen coupe, g35, accord, mustang). I hope this clarifies things for the people that are thinking they charged me 40,000 and I simply said "yes".

But talking about supply and demand, if I refused to pay these fees there would be another person willing to pay these fees. So your reason of negotiating a price, would in this case, not work. The dealer would just contact the next person in the list. I think your going to have to wait 6-12 months to even negotiate the price of this vehicle, otherwise its buy it at XXXXX or dont buy it.

Khyron what fees did they charge you?

Considering this is a 2013 model and not 2012. I believe there isn''t any room in negotiations. Reason being, is that depreciation has not reduced the value of the vehicle. With 2012 models produced in 2011 and the current year(2012). Meaning that 1 year has passed since the vehicle was produced. Dealers need to get rid of old models, therefore, try to negotiate the price in the favour of the buyer.

Please comment or correct me on my analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrm View Post
Until they have cars looking for customers as opposed to customers looking for cars I think they will be wringing you for all they can get and if you don't like it, they will just go back to the list!

Last edited by ArKiTeCkT; 04-14-2012 at 07:29 AM.
ArKiTeCkT is offline   Reply With Quote