View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #50
dyim

Drives: ?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First post here

Hello everyone, I am thinking about getting a BRZ and here is my situation. I figured I will just post it here instead of the intro section.

I have a 08 135 as my DD, which is a 3 season car. I have a 04 TL which is my winter beater but will need $1k of work before it will be ready for winter duty. (I know we are in the middle of the summer but I like to plan ahead)

I am thinking of getting a BRZ with snows for winter. I know it will be huge fun but is slightly concerned about ground clearance. I thought of putting snows on the 135 (6MT) but with 300hp and tq, I figured going to a lighter BRZ might be easier? I do not think there is much difference in ground clearance.

I know coming here I might get a biased view, but will still like to hear you guys out.

I guess the questions is what would you do if you were me? Before I was looking into the BRZ, I was actually thinking of replacing the TL with the Nissan Juke (I know it is ugly but I thought it would be indestructible in the snow). And if I got the Juke, I am sure it will be parked whenever there is no snow. With the BRZ, I would definitely take it out all year round.

Thanks
dyim is offline   Reply With Quote