Old 01-20-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,825 Times in 16,428 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
If you could have either your FR-S/BRZ, or your motorcycle, but not both, which would you choose? I'm having a hard time deciding.

The principal issue is that our new house has a steep driveway that's all but impossible to scale without scraping, the natural slope and terrain of our home's property required the driveway to be constructed in a way that leaves no room for parked vehicles to reside on the driveway outside of the garage, and the neighborhood covenants forbid parking vehicles on the street. I have a SUV for family hauling/camping/towing/and winter travel. The missus has her minivan. That leaves one garage space left for either the car or the motorcycle, and no where else on the property to park the other.

I love the FR-S. It's a joy to drive, especially at track days and auto-x events, and it's much more practical than a motorcycle for running errands. But anymore, my car is typically parked at another garage away from my home, and now I hardly ever drive it. If I do keep the car, there is no way it can ever be lowered. Ever. In fact, I've been giving serious thought to the TRD rally suspension if I keep the car. But either way, one of my joys is track days and auto-x events, and a nice set of coilovers is now out of the question. Maybe rally-x is where it's at?

The motorcycle is the best commuter vehicle ever. Always fun to ride, it just zips through traffic better than any car, is much faster than the FR-S, easily handles the driveway and speedbumps, is easy to work on and keep clean, doesn't get doors dings in parking lots, averages 60 mpg, and costs only $25 a year to insure. I love the motorcycle, but except for joy riding and commuting, it's not practical at all. And I don't expect that I will ever buy full leathers and take it to the track, so goodbye track days.

I can't keep the car at another garage forever, so one or the other has to go. I've gone through just about every pro and con in this decision at least a dozen times over the past month, and am absolutely deadlocked. Maybe some of you will have an idea or consideration I've yet to think of. Let me know your thoughts...
Sounds like you already made your choice .........

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Cole (01-20-2018), dowroa (01-20-2018), EAGLE5 (01-20-2018), Hades (01-22-2018), SexyPirates (06-24-2021), TofuJoe (07-24-2018)