View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 12:51 AM   #1
Face_Plant

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
BRZ Radio Touchscreen Calibration

So I'll be totally honest up front: this radio is not installed in a BRZ. It's actually installed in the 2015 WRX that I just purchased to replace my beloved FR-S that was totalled last month. I am posting here because according to my research this radio was shared between the BRZ, WRX, and several other Subaru models, so it's the same part regardless of the car. I also like this forum a lot more and feel like I might actually get some helpful answers here, unlike if had posted on the shit hole known as NASIOC.

Now that that's out of the way, onto the main subject: whoever calibrated the touchscreen for this radio at the factory must've been drunk. On the left side of the screen everything is fine, but as I start to move towards the right my touches get more and more offset to the point that I cannot select anything on the right side of the screen. I tried to "reset" the radio by disconnecting both battery cables and touching them together to fully drain the system, but this had no effect.

I have placed the radio in diagnostics mode and when I use the touchscreen check, touches on the right side of the screen are registered about one inch to the left of where I am actually touching. There does not appear to be an option anywhere (in both normal radio settings or diagnostics mode) for calibrating the touchscreen. I've searched for this issue on Google and came across a couple posts on Reddit, a Crosstrek forum, etc, but the problem is the same: the OP never followed up with what their solution was.

So my main question is this: is anyone aware of a way to recalibrate the touchscreen for the radio found in a 2014 or 2015 BRZ, or am I out of luck and will have to replace the radio?

Thanks,
Jeff
Face_Plant is offline   Reply With Quote