View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Test drove the FRS today...

And I really liked it.. !!! Now I'm coming off a 08 C6 and my just recently sold M3.
After years of owning high powered sports cars.. I want something fun that works in the real world.. I liked everything about the FRS on paper.. And love the light weight RWD purist approach..
So today the rubber met the road and my ass was in the drivers seat..
The clutch is light.. Compared to what I'm used to.. Felt nice easy take up..
Shifter is sweet.. Snick snick.. Short and crisp.. But felt some 2nd gear unwillingness as mentioned on here.. I did have that with my C6 especially when cold.. But it got better over time..
Took it on the highway for a bit.. Rode nicely.. And felt comfortable. Really liked the seats.. Fit me well.. Was easy to get into a comfortable driving position.. I got on it a few times.. It was nice hearing it wrap out and being able to keep my foot in it.. I thought it idled smoothly and fairly quiet.. It sounds good going thru the gears.. I didn't hear anything harsh or objectionable.. Didn't get an opportunity to kick the ass end out.. But I drove it enough to know I will get one..
Much of the info I read on here was spot on.. Great resource here at the ft86club.. Thanks..
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mikem53 For This Useful Post:
FrX (05-07-2013), ftc~brz (04-25-2013), Rayme (05-07-2013), whataboutbob (05-07-2013)