View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxmn View Post
you clearly havent driven this car for what it is, you got into the car with a predetermined prejudice in mind. you fail to understand that this car stands alone because it opens its own market segment, like the iPad when it first came out. Everyone has a notebook/Mustang before and it gets the job done but doesnt ignite passion. Some others have fancy phones/sport cars that push the boundary and draw look but still limited to what it can deliver/cant be a daily driver. Im no fanboy, i dont have an iPad but i have a tablet that is thanks to the iPad was born to first bridge the gap between phone and laptop then later create its own world of use. You think its a compromise thats why you compare it to things/cars that exist before it but its not. Until someone can make a car that with passion and practice a driver can squeeze every ounce of horse power and torque and handling and max them out all at the same time, nothing can be compare to it.

a religion is when everyone worship a single divine/car but this car is making a new culture which people are excited of also what is coming. i have an frs now but 10 years down the road im not gonna bash on the car from Honda that is born from my car, lusting maybe. also a religion/cult will not recognize anything else but as an frs owner i still want a range rover to go offroad, a gtr to track and hell a lambo to flash. those are the cars that are leading in their own worlds, different world than the frs/brz/gt86 world.
I love what the FR-S and stands for, but there are tons of cars out there that invoke passion.. I love that people on these boards are passionate and love these cars. You should. But to pretend that no other car invokes this same passion from drivers and owners is rather ridiculous and comes across as arrogant.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thill For This Useful Post:
Moto-P (06-05-2012), Pistol Pete (06-05-2012), ZmZMWagon (06-04-2012)