View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #1
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Drives: '91 MR2 Gen3 3SGTE, '13 FRS
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
This is not a winter car! Fed up! May end up selling...

With my lifetime of Canadian winter driving experience with many different types of cars, I have never once gotten stuck in deep snow. That is until the frs! This first season alone I already have gotten stuck twice! Wtf! And its only January

The first time I got stuck, I got lucky and barely made it out and home.

Well, big snow storm tonight. A good 8-10 inches of snow. Got home from work safely then turned onto my unploughed neighborhood street. Stuck!

I never felt such failure in winter driving. No matter what I tried, the car just wouldn't go no more. The good thing is that I made it about 30 yards from my house. The bad thing was that I had to wake my wife up to help push the car. Imagine if I would've gotten stranded elsewhere... Fail!

The traction control is a fucking joke! Seriously, I mean that in that most sincerest way.

I got further with TRAC off than with it on doing it the old fashion way. If anything, TRAC is the garbage that got me stuck! There's a reason why I'm still kinned to old cars without all the nanny trash. Raw is true car control!

So the FRS is supposed to be my DD for the next 5 years and winter seasons. I'm feeling pretty upset at the moment. I honestly thought I'd be fine with car as long as it has winter tires. I've got a pretty bitter taste for the car's winter performance right now. Unacceptable.

What's more of a joke, I purposely chose to run 205/60r16's winter tires for more ground clearance. My car is 100% stock too.

I'm now having second thoughts on whether this is the adequate DD that's supposed to take me through these Canadian winters. It's sad that all my beaters in the past have never left me stranded. Including my college beater box 92 Toyota Tercel. But my sexy brand new FRS, complete shit.

I'm sort of considering selling this car come spring time. It just isn't good enough in snow. Hell, back then when my MR2 was non-turbo and my only car after college, it was a tank through the deepest snow on winter tires!

Front engine rwd FRS 53:47 is pure Canadian winter fail car. Never have I felt pretty helpless in snow. I just don't wanna be close to that kind of situation.

Now, the more I think about this, the new 2014 Mazda 3 hatch is looking awfully nicer these days.

/rant