Old 06-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #1200
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsaiu View Post
Just stay LS, changing now would cost more than fixing it. I spun a bearing on my 6.2 LS; took it out, flipped it upside down without taking the heads off, new crank and bearings and threw it back in the car. Been working for two years now including track days. I know your issue is totally different but my point is just replace what's broken and push forward. I must comment I'm only using GM parts though, no aftermarket stuff. Don't give up on LS, maybe just give up on certain companies.
Just looking at all options. It will be expensive, but at this point it may be expensive to stay LS as well.

If the scoring is as bad as it looks, block is toast (won't know until I get it apart). Pistons were extremely worn last time the engine was apart, so I can't imagine what they look like now the second time around. Then add in rods and crank to get rid of the TSP products that will sell for next to nothing because they are used.

I also like the idea of gaining space and losing weight, especially the heavy convoluted dual 3" exhaust that doesn't really fit under the FRS. Getting rid of drone is going to be an expensive quest as well. Speaking of which, if I stay LS I am going to buy the Corsa Extreme Camaro Axle Back. Seems it will cut the drone, and should sound decent with my current muffler in the center.

Last edited by DustinS; 06-25-2019 at 02:59 PM.
DustinS is offline   Reply With Quote