Old 07-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #15
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
and the most detailed review ever award goes to... that guy.
Thanks, I was doing my best to cover as much as I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
Nice!

Impressive review and informative.

Thanks
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frs300 View Post
holy cow what a review...very nice
Thanks, have more to finish soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegro View Post
I agree. Amazing post!
Thanks, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post

Tonight I'm doing my vortech install (and probably tomorrow and longer if needed)

We'll see how I feel once its done but I think I'll be in the same boat. Happy if the car was handed to me, but already dealing with just getting things has taken the wind out of the sails
I think once you realize it is not all unicorns and butterflies it gets real pretty quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
My advise is to fill your washer tank once you install it, so if/when it leaks you don't have to remove the bumper again to get access to it

Also, try to install the washer bottle as high as possible so that the pump connector on the bottom clears the plastic under-tray you have to reinstall later

I would also ditch the screws that came with the kit for bolting the intercooler bracket to the bumper support, and opt for self-tapping screws with a cutting head. Center punch where you want it to be, and drive the self tapper in with a cordless drill. Using the supplied bolts are tricky and will just make the install take longer
Intercooler bolts need to be addressed by Vortech for sure. Good advice on the tank as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
Absolute great post. Glad we could be of service as well.

We're installing the Vortech on our silver car next week, maybe we can document the un-documented portions of the install and pass those along to our clients as well.
Thanks, I go to your site first for almost everything when looking. You do an excellent job, do the entire owners community a big service with minimal BS and marketing fluff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1point4 View Post
@Dezoris

Just realized how similar your car and my car are. Very nice video and information.
Yeah we nearly have a carbon copy car for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charged86 View Post
I also opted for the self tapping screws. im going to fill my washer bottle this winter. its the only time I use it.

what a wonderful video you made @Dezoris
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrogDor the Burninator View Post
This is possibly the best post I have ever seen on this forum ... Major props man ...
Thanks, some of the spite building up over lack of content here lately made me go over kill.