View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 11:10 PM   #300
Shims

Drives: GTS86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Center caps typically pop off easily, but instead of prying on them from the front and potentially gouging them, I'd recommend removing the wheel and pop them off from behind. Replacing them can be tricky because not all center caps are the same.

If the logo in the center is hard enough, you could tape off the edges and scuff it with a scotch brite pad and paint it. Or remove the sticker entirely like Cole mentioned. If the sticker removed leaves an ugly surface, you could buy some spare premade carbon panel and cut round discs to fit into them.

If you really want to do that but don't know how, I work with carbon every day, if you'd be willing to send me your caps I could bond some carbon discs into the centers.
I see, I'd have to buy a torque wrench wouldn't I? What kind of torque specs would I need for these lug nugs? 90ft.lb? I just want to make sure I do it right.

Oh and thanks for the offer, but I'm probably going to buy some flat universal ones probably after popping these ones out (apparently the size of the rota caps are 63mm?)
Shims is offline   Reply With Quote