Old 11-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #166
GrantedTaken
Banned

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
So I did decide to take this thread seriously. And it just so happens that I surprisingly have a FRS with the stock brakes still on it (until tomorrow/Sunday anyways).

I was able to easily estimate the remaining pad by looking at the outside pads with the wheels on and the car on the ground. I don't see how this is any different from 90% of cars out there. The one pic the OP posted with the very visible pads appears to be a Ford. I've had Ford's that looked just like that. In.. 30 or 40? other cars all the sliding calipers have been the same design as the 86. shrug.

Either way though it wasn't hard to estimate pad depth. If I remember I'll check for sure but I'd guess at least 6-7mm up front and probably 5-6mm in the rear.
Interesting you were able to see that. All the ricer n00bs on this forum said it is normal to NOT be able to see the pads without removing the wheels.
That's when I posted the photo and heads exploded here, since everyone is basically in high school on their first car.

Now that I have new pads, I will take a look and see how much pad is exposed with 100% pad, and if any of it is visible from the outside, without removing the wheels.
GrantedTaken is offline   Reply With Quote