Old 08-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #24
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgranberg11 View Post

This isn't directly to you @86MLR, but for anyone that is boosted. You go boosted, it's just a ticking time bomb. Additionally, anyone going boosted should just install the kit themselves. take their time. there are so many resources that help you do this. This is the only way to really ensure the kit is installed correctly. Conman's car came back from a recall as he posted in JDL's facebook page.. he boosted it after 5k miles after the recall and it let go. Personally, I never would have done the recall, and I never would have boosted a car after a recall was done, but that's up to the owner. My car was in for the recall and I didn't go in. Sure my 1st engine grenaded at the track, but I didn't post much other than my video and accepting the fact it was my own damn fault. I have pictures in my build thread, me tearing down my block trying to find root cause instead of letting the internet figure out the issue. When shit like this happens, the only way to learn is to just get down and dirty with it. I also don't give a damn if "I can't afford tools". BS, if you're going boosted you clearly have a few hundred more dollars to go get a few jack stands and a jack at harbor freight and some decent craftsmen tools... /endrant.

I'm about 6k miles after done my recall work and I'm boosting soon. I'm not going to beat on my car though and if the engine goes then it's whatever. I'll source another engine and drop it in, cheaper than getting a new car for me.