EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemravan View Post
Thank you for the response, just want to clarify a couple of things really quick:

-to "properly" get it wired in, the DRL relay and diode is something additional that needs to wire into the car, correct?
-the LED power will come up-stream from the Hi Beam+
-the green resistor wire will trigger the relay which will trigger the LED bar as a running light.
-the led running light will turn off via relay when the regular lights come on
-the led bar will come on along with the high beams as well.

is all of the above that I am getting at correct??

And one last question.. regarding the 3-pin leveling connector.. the base model obviously doesn't have this plug readily available to plug into the light...is that correct?? I thought it was there, but it turned out to be the turn signal connector which happens to be exactly the same.. I have a harness from the series 10 front clip that the lights came off of, so I'm sure I can get the connectors, so is this something that also needs to be wired up or is this something that can just be left unplugged?
No. All you need is:
  1. A wire splice from HiBeam 12V Power to DRL+ Pin
  2. To remove the DRL Resistor
If you do this, as you mentioned, DRL will work like from factory and come on with HiBeams. You don't have to do anything with the Resistor circuit other than remove the DRL Resistor itself. You don't need a relay or diode at all unless want to install an always-on module.

No, the base model doesn't have an HID leveler. It's not just a connector, it's a whole assembly with a sensor. It's a nice to have (keeps the lights from bouncing too much and getting in the way of other drivers), but not required. Just make sure your lights are pointed properly
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessAzure For This Useful Post:
aemravan (07-09-2019)