Old 09-11-2018, 10:15 PM   #29
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
Just curious. On the auto lets say you come out of a 2nd gear turn and then run through 2nd and part of 3rd and then come up to a braking zone, when you first lift does the tranny instantly upshift to 4th until you get on the brakes or when you lift will it hold 3rd and start engine braking? I guess if your in manual mode it would hold the gear and if your on track you're always going to be in manual mode. Sometimes on the streets when in auto mode you can run into scenarios where you want engine braking rather than an upshift upshift. For example you try to overtake someone on the interstate so you downshift while popping into the other lane but then find out the traffic is slowing in the other lane so you lift. I wouldn't want it to upshift when I lift, I would want it to hold the gear and start engine braking while I am moving my foot to the brake. How does the AT handle this when in auto mode? For me this is where AT has typically annoyed me the most. That sensation of lifting but the car just wanting to keep going forward gives it a disconnected feeling.

In Manual mode you have full control, you could bounce off the limiter all day in each gear if you wanted to. If you start spam downshifting however it won't go to a gear that will over-rev and will wait a second till you drop speed and rpm.

In Sport mode you get that scenario where you gain engine braking rather than an upshift, more so with a tune. You can always grab the paddle out of manual mode before you come to a corner or scenario where you want engine braking and it will hold that gear.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote