View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #140
Freedom

Drives: PEARL WHITE GT86 TRD
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSalad View Post
Anyway - I love the fact that you constantly encourage people to go at their own pace. Testosterone can often get in the way of this, and cars have a way of bringing out the testosterone in spades

With @Freedom mentioning changing transmission fluid - my gears feel slightly stiffer ever since the track day o.O. Does this even make sense? Same with the oil. I could be imagining things, but the 5w30 they put in feels "thicker" somehow. Like I have to work the car slightly harder to cruise. I had 0w20 before. It doesn't say so on the bottle, but that's what they told me it is *shrug*.
5w30 is the correct engine oil grade as long as they used the toyota approved oil. Green and grey bottle. There is a picture somewhere of it on the forum.

My gears have always been hard / knotchy especially when cold that's why I want to try a new transmission fluid, I've read it can make a big difference. I want to change LSD fluid just to clear some of the gunk out from wear and tear. If you do a lot if skidpan / ghymkanas you need to do this.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote