View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #348
ckim

Drives: '15 DGM STi Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reviving a dead thread.

After much debate, I traded in my BRZ for a '15 STi. The desire for more space, a quieter cabin, and more torque/hp won out in the end. The STi is absolutely excellent. Grip levels are high, handling is sharp, engine is smooth, and the AWD system is absolutely confidence inspiring. On top of that, my kid fits in the back with room to spare.

But, owning an STi (and driving it on the same canyon roads that I'd driven the BRZ on many many times) has also made me realize just how great the BRZ is. The 86 is so communicative, and making it do what you want is effortless. It's an absolute blast to drive (especially once you do something about that torque dip), and IMHO a hell of a deal.

I'm pretty much just repeating what some people above have already said, but "BRZ v. WRX" is ultimately going to depend on what you're looking for. Both are excellent cars, just different. You can't really go wrong with either, unless you're trying to fit your family of 4 into your BRZ for an extended road trip. Then you're going to have a bad time.
ckim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ckim For This Useful Post:
DarkSunrise (04-14-2015), malave7567 (04-13-2015), rennlistuser3 (01-07-2016), shifter907 (04-13-2015), Tcoat (04-13-2015), xuimod (11-24-2015)