View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 10:32 PM   #22
jaseow

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
OK, let's go back to the source (the battery).

Is it the original battery?

Have you had it "load tested", as suggested up above?

If your battery is the original battery, it may be at the end of its useful life.

Maybe a new battery is in order?

humfrz
Im not the original owner of the car so I cant say when the battery was last changed but it is definitely not the original battery. One of the errands I was running yesterday was to head to the autoshop. I was ready to buy a new battery as suggested in the earlier posts but the guy did a baterry and load test for me and told me to save the money as the battery was perfectly fine.

Unfortunately this issue could be caused by so many different components I dont really want to throw money at it replacing parts if I can help it. I was going to change the fuel pump / fuel pressure regulator next but it seems like it might not be a fuel pressure issue.

Ive even had the engine taken apart and put back together with the recent recalls for the valve spring and the issue still persists. Not sure where to go from here or to just live with the slight issue and deal with an occasional long crank.

I even called up the local dealer and they wanted me to bring it in for a diagnostic and was looking to charge $140 for it and on enquiring further he said they would “plug in their computer into the ECU to get more information”. When I told him I had an obd2 scanner he said “our computer is much more advanced”. Im not sure how much more advanced it is and if Im willing to potentially throw away $140 for them to do a scan on an issue that probably isnt major enough to flag anything on their diagnostic test
jaseow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaseow For This Useful Post:
humfrz (03-12-2019)