Old 09-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #29
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
D2 and K Sport are some of the only coilovers I will come out and say are completely terrible junk. There are many coilovers that I wouldn't use and would rather stock, but with those two I think I'd rather take the bus. Yes I've had first hand experience with them.

- Andy
To turn this over to story time, I put my ksports up for sale on vortex a couple years ago, basically as a joke thread. Cause honestly I felt terrible about the idea of someone actually buying them with the expectation of getting anything that wouldn't make their car worse.

It was a blatant troll thread from the start. I actually tried to sell the set to the guy that bought the brace from the listing for whatever he wanted to give me (i.e. 10 bucks). He refused.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...pec-rear-brace

Anyway, this spring i get a pm from a guy offering $350 that needed them that night. Talk to him on the phone, I say they are shit and terrible and nobody in their right mind would want them. He says all that matters is that the collars spin. His buddys coils died and they had a show to be at the next day (lol vw). So I meet up with them.

Show up at the meeting spot, first thing i say when getting out of the car is that they are fucking terrible. Didn't matter. They bought them.

Turns out the buddy had pretty much told his friend find me coils tonight for no more than $350. Going by the look on the buddys face when the agreed price was stated it became pretty clear the friend didn't even bother with any negotiating just started at the max price.

I threw in my nice channel lock spanner wrench since i couldn't find the ksport ones.

God bless the vw crowd.
Model Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Model Citizen For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (09-17-2014), STV3 (09-17-2014)