Old 11-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #13
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Let's see who can make the stupidest statement.

Continue gentlemen.....
Ok. I got to take three cars on a driving experience on the country canyons and on the roads/highways of Napa County:

The Ferrari’s build quality didn’t feel top notch or very luxury. Our Q5 is better made. It felt like they just placed things in different spots too like an econobox from Honda or Toyota would have smarter or more ergonomically placed controls. The carbon fiber didn’t look much different than some add-on pieces from an aftermarket. I tend to like smaller vehicles so the added girth wasn’t enjoyed. I didn’t care for the dual clutch, especially in first gear; it wasn’t easy to engage from a stop.

The Lamborghini Gallardo I drove wasn’t worth the price either. The leather stitched interior was underwhelming. The sound was muted. The seats were stiffer and less comfortable by far than the BRZ. The visibility was terrible, and it felt large.

The Aston Martin Vantage DB9 Volante/convertible I drove felt like a boat. It weighed a lot and was huge. It felt horrible through the canyons with massive understeer and body roll. The 6.0L V12 felt butter smooth, but it too had a muted tone.

I’m sure a Porsche GT3/4 or Lotus would be a better fit for me than the cars I drove, and maybe the design would be more impressive to warrant the price tag. Let me say it this way, if the price of the cars and replacement parts/maintenance were the same compared to my BRZ, I would still prefer my BRZ over all of them. The Ferrari, because of the sound and active suspension, would be a close second. If it was a stick then still behind, but a closer second.
Sapphireho (11-24-2019)