View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #275
ciller

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got a used 2017 Toyota 86 in Edmonton. Came with the original Primacy's and thought I could squeeze through the last of the winter here since the roads were fairly clear.

Then a snowfall came and a cold snap and my car became instantly undriveable!!! I was not expecting to have as many issues as I did with acceleration at red lights or nearly spinning out on even the slightest of turns.

This made me decide to go get winters on the stock rims rather than wait till the fall. After reading through this forum and taking into account what winter end sales were available I ended up getting Michelin X-Ice Xi3 215/45 tires at a good price.

The difference was night and day, I could actually go down a back street that hasnt been plowed and could steer on ice and snow without issues. I haven't tested it on dry stuff doing hard cornering too much yet but they feel good so far (I've had them a few hours now, so not much testing time).

I just thought I'd relay what I found and check with you smart folks here to see if I made any dire mistakes on my first tire purchase.
ciller is offline   Reply With Quote