View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 01:23 PM   #3623
bmacfrs

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandMoss View Post
I got an alignment recently after changing my ride heights (which I did not change much, particularly in the rear) and the guy doing it says that he couldn't get any less than -3.1 camber on the right rear. I had -2.5 before and I seem to remember that the guy that did that alignment said 2.5 was the MOST he could get. I'm going to check the eccentric positions and see if he was right or if he just didn't know what he was doing, but in the mean time I am wondering if -3.1 in the rear is just too much? I know the camber gain in the rear is decent. Has anyone run that much with good results? I'm afraid I may be sacrificing a lot of grip with that much, especially launching.
Your guy saying he couldn't get any less than that doesn't make sense To me either.
I had -3 something last year. I thought in some situations in auto cross it was struggling for grip. Yes in straight line launches I got more wheel spin than I think I should have. So I dialed it back to 2.6. I think this is better over all. I have not noticed additional over steer because of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk